The awards jury recognized the project team for:
- Saving the historic Mission Revival monastery– a rare architectural style for Boston–and coverting the monks’ tiny cubicles into highly desireable residences, including a trio of “tower-units” with spectacular views of the city.
- Providing 72 affordable apartments (70-80% of AMI) and 11 workforce ones (150% AMI) in a city with astronomic rental prices.
- Completely reconstructing the church into a magnificent 24,000-sf “Maker Hall” jam packed with amenities.
- Improving accessibility to the buildings without destroying the architect’s design goals.
- Persevering with construction and delivering the buildings in the midst oof the Covid pandemic.